When your website has high search engine ranking, you will see many benefits. Although seo can be a little hard to get the hang of, there are simple seo mistakes you should avoid.
- Targeting the wrong keywords Keyword research is the starting point for your seo campaign. Get this wrong and it is over before you have begun. Make sure the keywords you target are used by searchers and are relevant to your niche.
- Forgetting to use title tags This is a common one often overlooked by beginners. Title tags are important and must be different on every page of your website.
- Over doing flash Flash cannot be read by googles bots. If you are going to use flash, it is essential that you also use the html mark-up for it.
- Link farms A mistake even those claiming to be the best are making. SEO changes all the time, link farms are not liked by Google. You need to spend your time getting one way links from high pr websites.
- Using images for headers Headers are the first thing Google bots see. Take advantage of this and use your keywords in the h1 and h2 headers.
- Poor website navigation Your website must contain no broken links and have good navigation. Both visitors and search engine bots need to get around your website.
- Duplicate content. If you use content that has been used elsewhere, you will get your website sandboxed by Google. Search engines love fresh content.
- Overdoing the keywords Having a string of keywords in your content that does not make sense will get your site penalized by Google quickly. Your content must flow.
- Unreliable web hosting. Cheap may please your wallet but it will annoy your visitors and stop you getting high search engine ranking. Google will think your website is not there if it happens to crawl your site during an outage!